Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Assignment #9

1. Wikipedia and scholarpedia look a like and they both can be edited by anyone and they are also powered by the same program mediawiki. They are different cause scholarpedia is each article is written by a expert and then peer reviewd, which shows accurate and reliable information, it also has a curator which is typically the author and if there needs to be changes it has to be aproved by the curator first. Yes, I have used one of these before, I have used wikipedia but never scholarpedia never even heard of it to tell the truth.
2. I thought that the wiki concept was something that I have never even heard of before and that it was interesting and made a lot of sense, I could see this concept being something that could help me to organize certain situations and ideas easily.
3. This would be a lot of help with a school project you could have everyone in your group make account then put all your ideas together and people in your group can add things or take things off as the please and it would be organized and kept in a safe spot for everyone to access.

No comments: